Monday, April 30, 2007

HDBs @ Pasir Ris

I must be really unfit when I wake up finding myself utterly tired and fatigued from the golf game yesterday.

Today we went to look at HDBs in the further east, having already seen enough private condos (which we can hardly afford). We saw 4 HDB apartments in the Pasir Ris area and 1 in Simei.

I can't speak of Simei yet because I think I haven't seen enough there, but I JUST CAN'T live in Pasir Ris.

Thats right.

And its not because its a lousy estate. Its actually quite a great place and the estate's pretty new (like 10-15yrs old?) with lots of good amenities like Downtown East (never been there), White Sands and the like. Very residential and serene, close to the sea with a very nice park.

The killer - no offence to Pasir Ris residents - is the distance to town. I can just imagine getting to work will be a bitch. Shopping in town will never happen ever again. Going home to mom's will be painful. Visiting in-laws would REALLY suck. And basically getting to any other location in Singapore would require a mandatory second and possible third thought. Its just too far out from the rest of the world.

Just too far out.

Thats not to mention that Pasir Ris has the 2nd or 3rd highest HDB transaction prices.

Ooooh, that hurts.
____________________________________________________________

Back to work tomorrow.

I'm expecting lots of MCs, owing to the Labour Day holiday on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment