Saturday, November 25, 2006

Google Thy Name

I was so bored just now with no programs on a happening saturday night that I went to google my name. Yeah man, and you people should try it too, you'd be surprised by what you find.

I must have a damn common name cuz there was 30,800 results. But most of them yielded results of people with similar names or names which contain a part of my name. Sheesh.

Anyway I found 3 relevant pages after searching the first 10 pages of searches (yeah I was THAT bored!)!

Not bad by my standards. Though its more because of my Scrabble past than anything. So it goes to show that playing Scrabble in official tournements yields positive Google results. Hehe.

1) http://www.toucanet.com/ytsoc06c.html

Wow. Didn't know that I'm part of the cut-off and I can only play Intermediate category. Dammit, cannot go there fake fake that I can't play liaoz. Xianz.

2) http://members.ozemail.com.au/~rjackman/results2003.html#2CSCO

This is even more remarkable. My playing record during my only overseas Scrabble stint! In Johor at the Causeway Challengeback in 2003. I still have the campy t-shirt they gave for free. As you can see, I didn't fare too well there, but 8 wins wasn't all too bad, especially if Hubert is once of the top rated players in Singapore right now(isn't he Beth?). Anyway this tournement was perhaps the height of the fun we had with scrabble back with the Hall 8 Scrabble team.

3) http://members.ozemail.com.au/~rjackman/RBFN.html

I have no idea what this ozemail thingy is all about, but I'm actually rated! And I didn't even have to pay Singapore Scrabble for this! Haha. Well it's nice to be in the company of big name players, but if they've got my record down under, does it mean I can't play as a beginner there too?

Haha.

Happy googling.

No comments:

Post a Comment